Each year, we search Australia-wide for talented graduates who are blind or have low vision, and offer them a chance to kick start their career in their chosen field.
About Career Start
Career Start is a 12 month program consisting of a nine month paid placement within Vision Australia and a three month paid placement with an external employer.
We offer a flexible job position and location, tailored to your needs, where you can develop workplace skills, apply your qualification in practise and develop a network of contacts and mentors. Upon completion of the program, we offer support in transitioning into ongoing employment.
Listen to this radio interview with previous Career Start graduate Chris Page and Vision Australia's Melissa Curulli.
Areas of Vision Australia
We can place you in a broad range of areas, based on your desired career;
Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, Radio, Volunteering, Advocacy, Human Resources, Project Management, Information Technology, Finance, Library Services, Seeing Eye Dogs Australia.
Allied Health areas include Occupational Therapy (adult and paediatric), Speech Pathology (paediatric), Physiotherapy (paediatric), Early Childhood Education, Orthoptics and Orientation and Mobility.
- Graduated within the last four years
- Will have completed study prior to commencement
- Have obtained a qualification at Diploma level or higher
- Be able to participate in the program for 12 months continuously, commencing in April and concluding in March the following year.
- Be able to participate in the program for a minimum 0.8 EFT (full-time preferred).
- Have a current eye report (within the last 12 months)
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Live within commutable distance to Vision Australia centres
If you don’t meet all the eligibility criteria and think you might still be suited to Career Start, give us a call and we can discuss your situation.
All applicants will be offered consultation with Vision Australia Employment Services.
How can I apply?
We’ve flipped the traditional job application process around. We start with you, your qualification, your experience and your career aspirations, and place you in a position that matches your skills and expertise.
We accept applications for the following year around October. Sign up to our job alerts and we’ll notify you when they open this year.
Find out more today
Phone: People and Culture on 02 9334 3297